Covid-19 in Special Populations Webinar
ORIGINALLY RECORDED 5/5/2020
This webinar learning session focused on special populations, addressed key risks and impact by group, and offered best practices for providers to support prevention and improved health outcomes.
SCROLL DOWN TO COURSE CONTENT TO ACCESS THE WEBINAR.
- Understand how COVID-19 affects special population such as persons living with HIV, the elderly, pregnant women, and people in the correctional system
- Recognize the challenges in the management of special populations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Learn treatment modalities of COVID-19 in special populations
A variety of the listed populations will be discussed at this event.
- Young Adults (ages 18 to 24)
- Older Adults (ages 50 and over)
- Black or African American
- Hispanic or Latino
- Incarcerated or recently released
A variety of the listed topics will be discussed at this event.
- Antiretroviral treatment adherence, including viral load suppression
- HIV monitoring and lab tests (i.e. CD4 ad viral load)
- Non-infection comorbidities of HIV and viral hepatitis
- Covid-19, Respiratory Disorders, Febrile Disorder